The board met Wednesday 3rd April key points from the meeting were:-
- Financial position remains strong.
- Conversion actions complete and old charity deregistered.
- Transfer of assets from Pride of Mann Limited being finalised however asset manager Prudential seemed to be very slow in dealing with the matter.
- Members Communication showed the majority of members preferred communication via Facebook and email.
The board also met on Wednesday 10th May.
- Progress is being made with HSBC to have electronic banking which will allow better access to financial records allow online payments.
- Assets transfer complete from Pride of Mann Limited.
- Reports from the Fundraising Committee and Sailing committee. Cavendish Trust have arranged sponsorship through local radio station 3FM of a corporate video and are due to sail with us shortly.
- As chairman of the Sailing Committee Bobby Moore has been co-opted onto the board until the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”)
- His Excellency the Governor and Lady Lorimer have agreed to sail with us on Tuesday 18 July.
- Andrew Evans is stepping down from the board and his role a treasurer with effect from the AGM on 13 September 2023.
The next board meeing is Monday 24 July.
Another COFFEE MORNING will be held on the boat on 15th April, 10.00-13.00 hrs.
Come along and enjoy the chat with fellow members whilst enjoying drinks and cakes and having the opportunity to ask questions you might have regarding membership, sailing or volunteering,
If you would like to help on the day and or donate any baked goods, please get in touch with Neil on 401811. All offers of help and (home-made) cakes will be much appreciated.
Starting Wednesday 8 March at 18.00 there is chartwork training on Pride of Mann III. This is being run by Rodger Clague and is aimed at people looking to refresh their chartwork skills as well those new to chartwork. This is informal so you do not need to be able to attend every session.
Let us support this great opportunity, there is no charge.